The NextGen Symposium on Innovative Research and Knowledge Partnerships in the Canadian Global Development Sector will be held in Ottawa, Canada, on September 25-26, 2019.
The Symposium is organized jointly by the Canadian Association for the Study of International Development (CASID) and the Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) as part of the Next Generation program: Collaboration for Development.
This final signature event of the Next Generation for Development Program will welcome stakeholders from civil society organizations (CSOs), academic institutions, researchers and students involved in the NextGen program, and funding agencies.
Participants will convene to discuss on the importance of fair and equitable partnerships and reflect on how to improve knowledge mobilization in the global development and humanitarian sector in Canada and abroad.
This one and a half day will:
- Examine incentives for universities and grant makers to value non-academic research outputs and implications;
- Explore policy and funding landscape in Canada and abroad;
- Discuss how to build upon successful scholar-practitioner models of collaboration in research approaches, methodologies, analyses and dissemination;
- Take a ”demo and do” approach to share tools for effective partnership.
For more information on the program, visit our webpage: https://ccic.ca/nextgen-symposium/
This event is free. Lunch will be provided. Simultaneous translation will be available.
- Date and Time
- September 25, 2019 8:30 am – September 26, 2019 12:30 pm
- 150 Kent St., Ottawa ON K1P0B2
- Ticket Price
- Free Event
- Wheelchair Accessible